Institute for Security and International Studies (ISIS), Sofia
Sofia, January 1996
Director ISIS: Dr. Plamen Pantev
RESEARCH, PUBLICATIONS AND PERIODICALS
CONTRACTED CONSULTING AND NATIONAL PARTNERSHIP
SUPPORT FOR YOUNG RESEARCHERS
INFRASTRUCTURAL ANDFUNCTIONAL SUPPORT
1. "Bulgaria and the Balkans in the Common Foreign and Security Policy of the European Union" (Plamen Pantev, Valeri Rachev, Venelin Tsachevsky, 44pp.). Research Study 1. An ISIS-European Commission(Phare Information Programme) Project. Both in Bulgarian and English.
2. "The Balkans in the Cooling Relations between Russia and Western Europe" (Dinko Dinkov, 29pp.). Research Report 1. An ISIS Project. In Bulgarian.
3. "The Political Dialogue Between the European Union and the Central and Eastern European Countries" (Vladimir Nachev, 15pp.). Research Report 2. An ISIS Project. In Bulgarian.
4. "The Bulgarian Foreign Policy in the Post-Conflict Period: Tendencies, Roles, Recommendations" (Plamen Pantev, Valeri Rachev, Venelin Tsachevsky, Tatiana Houbenova-Delisivkova, Dinko Dinkov, 35pp.). Research Report 3. An ISIS-Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Republic of Bulgaria Project. In Bulgarian.
ISIS has established a broad network of relations with Bulgarian NGOs, research centres, academic organisations, departments of International Relations in Bulgarian Universities and other educational institutions in the field of national security. ISIS and its individual associates maintain working relationships with the Commission for Foreign Policy of the Bulgarian Parliament, the Ministry of Defence of the Republic of Bulgaria and the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Republic of Bulgaria.
Though modestly ISIS has lended a helping hand to young researchers Ph. D. holders, dissertation writers, M. As., students in their last courses, thus stimulating their creative interest in the field of security and international studies.
International networking is a highly valued assett of ISIS. We are grateful to our foreign and international partners for their understanding, support and cooperation. ISIS, on its part, has managed to preserve a competent and adequate level of academic interrelationship, despite the uneasy working local environment.
ISIS is particularly grateful to the following organisations and persons, who contributed to the Institute's building-up and activity in 1995:
1. The Programme Committee on the Package of Measures to Strengthen the Research Basis at Swiss Universities in the Area of Security Policy and Related Measures of the Swiss Confederation (Dr. Theodore H. Winkler) and the Embassy of the Swiss Confederation in Sofia.
2. The European Commission and the Delegation of the European Commission in Sofia (Ambassador Thomas C. O'Sullivan, Mrs. M. Koteva, Mr. S. Makarinov).
3. The Union of Bulgarian Foundations (Mr. Valentin Mitev, Mr. Plamen Peikov).
4. EIBD at ONTMD of the MGU E-mail server (Dr. Volin Karagiozov).
5. Western European Union (Institute for Security Studies, Assembly, Council, Dr. John Roper, Mr. Guido Lenzi).
6. NATO (Office of Information and Press, Office of the Special Adviser for Central and Eastern European Affairs to the Secretary General, Centralized Media Service).
7. Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Republic of Bulgaria (Mr. Zlatin Trapkov, Mrs. Irina Bokova, Mr. Zahari, Radukov, Mr. Chavdar Zhechev).
8. European Press Agency (Mrs. Nina Bachkatov, Mr. Andrew Wilson).
9. PM Institute (Mr. Giles Merrit).
10. American Center, Sofia.
11. CSD, Sofia.
13. IEIS, Luxembourg (Dr. Armand Clesse).
14. Ms. Maria Atanasova and Mr. Nikolai Mladenov (students).
15. The Bertelsmann Foundation (Mr. Cornelius Ochmann).
16. AIIA (Dr. Hanspeter Neuhold).
17. VGE/C.A.P. (Dr. Josef Janning).
18. SOI (Dr. Franz-Lothar Altmann).
19. IIR, Prague (Prof. Otto Pick).
20. CSRC/RMA Sandhurst (Mrs. Anne Aldis).
21. Mrs. Verginia Dimitrova (Accountant).
In 1995 the following associates of ISIS contributed mostly to its activity: Mr. Valeri Rachev, Dr. Venelin Tsachevsky, Dr. Todor Tagarev, Dr. Dinko Dinkov, Dr. Tatiana Houbenova-Delisivkova, Mr. Vladimir Nachev, Dr. Iskra Balkanska, Dr. Velizar Shalamanov, Dr. Plamen Pantev.
2 January 1996
Sofia Director ISIS: ..............................................
(Dr. Plamen Pantev)
|Index.htm 15-Jun-2000 / Webmaster / © 1999 ISIS / Center for Security Studies and|
|Conflict Research, ETH Zürich / www.isn.ethz.ch/isis/alle/coopy.htm|